- Know the costs of attending Jamestown 社区 College
- Estimate your financial aid with the net price calculator
- Talk with your high school counselor
- Check out SUNY Smart Track, a free resource with tools and services to help you prepare for your financial future
Step 2: 完整的 JCC applications
Step 3: 完成FAFSA
的 FAFSA form is required to be eligible for any federal or state aid. A complete institutional award package cannot be determined if JCC does not receive a FAFSA.
的 FSA ID includes a username and password for the student. If you are dependent for FAFSA purposes, one parent will also create a separate username and password.
完成 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically any time after October 1.
- JCC’s federal school code is 002869.
- If possible, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when given the option on the FAFSA.
- You should print a copy of the completed FAFSA and the confirmation sheet for your records.
- Help filling out the FAFSA form
Check your Student Aid Report
Once your application is processed, you will receive an email with a link to your Student Aid Report. 的 report will contain your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the information you provided in your FAFSA. 的 EFC is used to calculate the amount of your Pell Grant and other federal aid that you and your family may be eligible for.
的 EFC is only an estimate of what the federal 政府ernment thinks you can afford to pay for college. A "zero" EFC does NOT necessarily mean that your family won’t have to pay anything toward your college costs.
Step 5: Review your aid award
You will be provided with the financial aid award you're eligible to receive during the academic year, with your financial aid awards on an ongoing basis.
Students will receive an email from the JCC 金融援助 office with directions to review their awards and SUNY 金融援助 Plan in Banner.
Remaining requirements in Banner
- Your FAFSA may be selected for a process called "verification" by the U.S. Department of Education. In this process, JCC is required to review your FAFSA information to ensure accuracy. If selected, you will receive a list of required documents. It is extremely important that you provide the required documents as soon as possible. Failure to provide these documents will prevent you from receiving federal student aid, and you will be responsible for all tuition and charges until the verification process is complete.
- If you want to accept a loan that was offered to you in your award offer, you can complete the JCC Loan Acceptance Form via your Banner account.
- After you sign in, you will be on the home tab.
- 下 学生的需求,然后 Unsatisfied Requirements, select the drop down arrow next to Direct Student Loan Acceptance Form.
- Select JCC Electronic Loan Acceptance Form on Direct Student Loan Acceptance form.
- If you do not have the link, refer to your award letter for further information.
Direct loan entrance counseling & master promissory note
If you are accepting loans and you have never borrowed Federal Direct Loans, you must also complete the Direct Loan Entrance 咨询 and Master Promissory Note at studentaid.政府 before your loan can be processed.
NYS certificate of residence
完整的 New York State certificate of residence requirements to reduce your tuition.