数学分班考试 & 英语
Math and 英语的位置 at Jamestown Community College is based on high school GPA and additional success indicators. This helps determine the courses in which the student is best prepared to begin.
Students without a GPA through the junior year of high school will need to take a 基于计算机的 reading and math placement test.
如果你需要数学和/或英语考试, or want to challenge your placement in 英语 and/or math, you may schedule a placement test at any of our sites.
考试全年进行. No separate fee is charged for your initial placement test. The mathematics and reading assessments are untimed and contain multiple choice questions.
准备 & 注册
- Accuplacer下一代定量推理, 代数, and Statistics Test description and sample questions
- Accuplacer Next-Generation Reading Test description and sample questions
可访问性 support for students with disabilities
If you need accommodations for the placement test due to a disability, contact 可及性服务 at 716.338.1251.
- Successful completion of HS Precalculus makes a student eligible for MAT1710 or lower.
- SAT 530 math score or higher; or ACT 23 math score or higher; or 代数 II Regents score or 代数 II course average 80+; or math placement test score 280+ makes a student eligible for MAT1600 or lower.
- 代数 I Regents score 80+ or 代数 I course average of 80+ AND a grade of 70+ in high school Geometry; or math placement test score 255+ makes a student eligible for MAT1590 or lower.
- Successful completion of HS 代数 II (or higher) AND HS GPA of 80+; or math placement test score 255+ makes a student eligible for MAT1540.
- HS GPA 80+ AND 代数 I Regents score 75+ or 代数 I course average of 80+; or math placement test score 246+ makes a student eligible for MAT1500.
- Students who do not meet any of the above criteria or math placement test score of 200 – 245 automatically place into MAT0530 Essential Math OR MAT0550 代数 Fundamentals.
根据你的高中成绩单, initial 英语 course placement will be into one of the following categories:
Students with a documented high school GPA of 80% or above (through at least the junior year) will take ENG 1510: College Composition I.
Students with a documented high school GPA between 75-80% with one of the following success indicators will take ENG 1510: College Composition I:
- NYS Regents scores of 85+ on the global history or U.S. 历史和政府考试
- SAT evidence-based reading and writing score of 500+
Students with a documented high school GPA between 75-80% with none of the above success indicators, and students with a documented high school GPA less than 75% will be placed into ENG 0410: Developing Reading Versatility, ENG 0500:作文1工作坊, and ENG 1510: College Composition I for their first semester.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that JCC’s 皇冠hg会员登录 office receives documentation of any success indicators.
Students without a GPA through junior year will take the Accuplacer placement test in reading, 哪一个是不计时的, 基于计算机的, 多项选择测验. A score of 250 or higher indicates readiness for most introductory college-level, reading intensive coursework without reading support.
If you wish to challenge placement into support courses, you have the following options:
- Students placed into ENG 0500: Composition I Workshop can complete an essay that will be read by JCC 英语 faculty to determine preparedness for 英语 Composition I without writing support. Contact placement staff to request an ENG 0500 placement challenge.
- Students placed into ENG 0410: Develop Reading Versatility can take the Accuplacer placement test in reading.
- have a degree from an accredited college or university.
- have transfer or advanced placement credit for ENG 1510.
- have a prior JCC placement test (within the last 3 years) indicating college-level reading.
- have completed or are currently enrolled in precalculus or calculus.
Computer-based placement tests are offered in reading and mathematics. Results are valid for three years after the date of the initial test(s).
You may schedule a retest option at least 24 hours after you originally took the test. 不管重测的区域有多少, there is a $10 fee to be paid in advance per retest appointment. Retesting for course eligibility in a given semester must be completed by the end of the second day of that semester. 每学年只有一次复试机会.
大学连接的同学们:这个时候, a reading and/or math retest option can be scheduled in the designated high school at no charge. If you schedule an on-campus retest, you will be charged a retest fee of $10, payable in advance. Retests must be completed prior to 注册ing for a 大学连接 course.
If you are planning to take classes exclusively online and/or live more than an hour and a half from the college, contact placement testing staff for more information on setting up placement testing at a remote location.