Financial Aid & Billing

Receiving financial aid & paying for college

At Jamestown Community College, we recognize that paying for a college education is a significant commitment and investment. Financial Aid and Billing, comprised of JCC's financial aid and business offices, will help you understand your bill, maximize financial aid from all possible sources, and complete your Certificate of Residence requirements.


Borrowers making less than $125,000 annually or families making less than $250,000 annually may be eligible to have $10,000 in student loan debt cancelled. Additionally, borrowers who received Pell grants in college may receive an extra $10,000, totally $20,000 in forgiveness.

The Department of Education will have income data for any borrower who completed a FAFSA in 2021-22. For those who did not, an application will be available in September.

New York State residents planning to attend a State University of New York college should apply for the New York Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).

TAP is available for eligible students taking six or more credit hours per semester in their program of study.

TAP awards are based on NYS net taxable income and other factors. FAFSA applicants will link to the TAP application if:

  • You are a New York State resident, and
  • You included at least one approved NYS college on your FAFSA.